With the establishment of our Heavy Bay Foundry in 2010, PRIMA embarked on a path to specialising in the casting of heavy-duty crusher wear components that are used in some of the world’s biggest mining operations.
Upgrades to our melting facilities in 2017 and 2019 increased our total maximum pour weight capacity to 18 tons. This led to opportunities to produce the crushing components used in some of the largest cone crushers today. The set weighs 22,000kg and, installed in a crusher with 2500HP of power, the wear liners are exposed to demanding conditions.
We’ve also seen a steady increase in demand for our gyratory crusher liners, from world-renowned OEMs in the mining equipment industry, and we’ve supplied wear parts for various gyratory crusher sizes; the largest: 60×89 and 60×113 Primary Gyratory crushers.
PRIMA’s success in this market segment can be attributed to our approach:
- We aim to fully understand and accommodate the unique risk profile of, and demands on, the product and parts in service.
- Combined with our manufacturing and equipment capabilities developed over 40 years in the crushing industry, as well as our advances in materials, design development, and quality management, we help large mines to meet performance targets in throughput and correct feed size for downstream mineral processing stages.
- We don’t compromise on performance or downtime.
- We are serious about sustainability, starting with a thorough assessment of the crushing application, parts, and risks associated with the equipment on the mining operation.
- We work as a team to discuss options and make decisions regarding our internal processes and control systems, which are backed up by our well- developed quality management system